Navigate World powered by Android Apps
Step into mobile development with General Assembly. During our Android-focused introductory workshop,
take a closer look at the world’s most popular mobile operating system and learn about the processes and tools that bring successful apps to life.
Whether you have an idea for an app or are simply curious about opportunities in the field, you’ll:
- Explore history and trends in Android development.
- Learn to identify the basic Views, or user interface components, of an Android App
- Find out about the skills Android developers leverage to succeed in their careers
- Apply what you’ve learned to create a two-screen app.
Chart your own career path. Pick up where this workshop leaves off
- Describe the history and concepts of Android
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of the Android operating system
- Identify the basic Views (User Interface Components) in an Android app
- Create some basic apps such as Music player, SMS app, Call App.
- Basic Knowledge of Java And XML
A laptop for this workshop with
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Mac Os 10.8+
- Linux 13
- Android Studio 2.6+
- Java Development Kit(JDK) 8+
Upgrade the softwares if necessary.